Jeep Grand Wagoneer Vehicle Technical Specifications
(Based on 1989 Grand Wagoneer/some variations for earlier model years)
Headroom (front): 37.1 inches
Headroom (rear): 36.8 inches
Legroom (front): 40.5 inches
Legroom (rear): 37.0 inches
Cargo Volume (ft.Â³): 74.5 inches
Overall Length: 186.4 inches
Overall width: 74.8 inches
Wheelbase: 108.7 inches
Rear axle to ground: 7.2 inches
Min. running clearance: 10.1 inches
Gross Vehicle Weight (Max GVWR)
Powertrain & Driveline Specs
5.9 litre 360 V-8
8.25:1 compression ratio
2 -barrel carburetor
Model 727, 3-speed automatic column shift
Selec-Trac 2WD/4WD system, NP229 with shift-on-the-fly capability; includes low-range (2.6:1)
Power front disc and rear drum
Recirculating ball type; variable ratio power assist standard,16:1 to 13:1; turning diameter 37.7 ft.
Front: Dana model 44 full-floating solid axle. Multi-leaf special springs. Standard axle ratio 2.73:1
Rear: AMC semi-floating solid axle. Multi-leaf special springs. Standard axle ratio 2.73:1
20.3 gallon capacity with skid plate
Battery & Alternator
White Side Wall: P235/75R15 with full size spare
15"x7" cast aluminum (12 spoke/6-lug)
Class III Towing Package "B"
- Maximum Loaded Trailer Weight: 5,000 lbs.
- Tongue Load Limit: 750 lbs.
- Includes: Heavy Duty wiring harness with relays, equalizing hitch receptacle & automatic transmission oil cooler.
Class I & II Towing Package "A"
- Maximum Loaded Trailer Weight: 3,500 lbs.
- Tongue Load Limit: 350 lbs.
- Includes: Heavy Duty flasher, wiring harness & frame-mounted hitch
- Door Trim Panels: Color-keyed custom vinyl w/lower nylon carpeting and upper woodgrain molding
- Carpet: Color-keyed 18ox. carpeting-passenger, cargo area, rear seatback and tailgate
- Headliner & Sun Visors: Color-keyed fabric
- Instrument Cluster: Speedometer, fuel, voltmeter, oil pressure and engine temperature gauges.
- Seats: Front 6-way power bucket seats with headrest and folding center armrest (leather with Cumberland Cord fabric seat/lean-back inserts). Rear bench, folds up and removable.
- Steering Wheel: Color-keyed, two-spoked, leather-wrapped